File Assist - Let us help you over the line.
Think of File Assist like your mate coming around to help you build up some flat-pack furniture, you have all the pieces, you just need some help to put it together. That is exactly what our File Assist service does, bring us the artwork you have and we will work our magic to make you a print-ready file. We accept design files too. If you have an Adobe Creative Suite file (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or a file from any Microsoft Office application (Word, Publisher and PowerPoint). We will extract your artwork and create a print-ready PDF for you. We will send you a digital proof email with the artwork for you to check, and if you are happy it will be sent off to print. If you require any alterations on the proof, then we can carry these out and issue you with another proof.
Please note: we will provide you with up to 3 revisions on your artwork before printing.
Examples of what we do on File Assist
- Changing names, addresses, phone numbers, etc on business cards/leaflets (15 mins job).
- NCR – setting up the non-printable area and adding a numbering guide
- Flag / Folder / Promo boxes – overlaying guide on print artwork
- T-Shirts / Pad printed Pens – convert colours to PANTONE (only if Vector artwork is supplied)
- Labels / Magnetic signs – apply a KissCutting layer (guide from customer required)
- White Underpin – We can add a White layer to the artwork if a) it is vector-based & b) it’s not overly complex
- Rigid boards – Add drill holes
Files we accept:
- Print-ready PDF (preferably editable)
- Print-ready TIF
- Print-ready JPEG
- Print-ready EPS
- Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign (contents packaged up)
- Microsoft Office – Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
What we will reject:
- Corrupt file
- Password protection on your file
- Sizes that are disproportionate
- Incorrect number of files
- Any pages that are missing from your file
- Missing cutting guides and/or white underpin for label orders
Things we will warn you about:
- Objects too close to the edge
- Low-resolution images
- Impure blacks
- No allowance for creep within your booklet
- Issues with the forme cutter guide lining up with your artwork
What we will fix
- Convert your file to a print-ready PDF
- Convert RGB to CMYK
- Convert spot colour to CMYK
- Proportionately scale
- Ink coverage over 340%
- Missing bleed
- Overprints accidentally set on colours other than black
Check out our step by step video here.
Please refer to our Artwork Service Comparison Chart to see what is included in each of our artwork services.