Can You Provide Design & Document Set-Up Support?
File Assist turns any finished design into a Print Ready PDF and includes a PDF proof.
We will accept artwork files from the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign), or Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher and Powerpoint). We will convert your design file into a Print Ready PDF and provide up to 2 proofs to ensure you are happy with the job before it goes to print.
As well as carrying out checks and fixes on standard files, some of our specialist products may require some additional support. Below are some examples of how we can assist you in setting up your artwork for print. We can also carry out minor design amends as part of this service if an editable file is supplied.
Check out our step by step file check video:
- Changing names, addresses, phone numbers, etc on business cards/leaflets (15 mins job).
- NCR – setting up the non-printable area and adding a numbering guide
- Flag / Folder / Promo boxes – overlaying guide on print artwork
- T-Shirts / Pad printed Pens – convert colours to PANTONE (only if Vector artwork is supplied)
- Labels / Magnetic signs – apply a KissCutting layer (guide from customer required)
- White Underpin – We can add a White layer to the artwork if a) it is vector-based & b) it’s not overly complex
- Rigid boards – Add drill holes
Files we accept:
- Print-ready PDF (preferably editable)
- Print-ready TIF
- Print-ready JPEG
- Print-ready EPS
- Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign (contents packaged up)
- Microsoft Office – Word, Publisher and PowerPoint
What we will reject:
- Corrupt file
- Password protection on your file
- Sizes that are disproportionate
- Incorrect number of files
- Any pages that are missing from your file
- Missing cutting guides and/or white underpin for label orders
Things we will warn you about:
- Objects too close to the edge
- Low-resolution images
- Impure blacks
- No allowance for creep within your booklet
- Issues with the forme cutter guide lining up with your artwork
What we will fix
- Convert your file to a print-ready PDF
- Convert RGB to CMYK
- Convert spot colour to CMYK
- Proportionately scale
- Ink coverage over 340%
- Missing bleed
- Overprints accidentally set on colours other than black
Please refer to our Artwork Service Comparison Chart to see what is included in each of our artwork services.