On our File Check service, we put your artwork file through vigorous checks to ensure that it meets our high standards for the best possible print result.
In addition to the automated 40-point checks all files undergo upon upload, our skilled Pre-Press team conducts an additional 20-point inspection
Our Pre-Press team will analyse your file for any graphical issues that may cause an undesired print result, meaning you can rest assured that your artwork will be printed as expected.
Additional 20-point checks carried out include
- Check for Low-resolution images.
- Check for Objects too close to the edge (safe zone).
- Check for Pages in the wrong order.
- Check for Missing Elements.
- Check creep.
- Check the spine of the booklet.
- Check Slug and Wrap around on Hard Back Books.
- Check template fit on jobs that require a template overlay.
- Check Orientation
- Check SRA alignment.
- Check Spot UV alignment.
- Check Spot UV in the wrong page order.
- Check panel sizes on folded jobs.
- Fix by Combining and splitting PDFs.
- Fix by Duplicating the same artwork on both sides.
- Fixes to templates cut to shape.
- The artwork matches the product.
- Compare folding artwork to fold ordered.
- Extra finishing checks - foiling, eyelets, perf etc
- Repositioning of artwork into a safe area
- Convert CMYK into spot colour where appropriate.
If you would like to see the initial 40-point checks we perform on your artwork file, you can view them here.
If our Pre Press team spots an error with your file, we will contact you via email or telephone to help you get your artwork fixed, so you can continue with your print journey. And if for any reason that you are unable to fix the artwork file, then you may want to take advantage of our File Assist service. For more information on this service, please visit here.
We would like to highlight that our primary focus is on technical aspects, and we do not provide verification for spelling, grammar, or copy errors within the content.